A unique ministry mentorship experience in Moree, NSW
We’ve had many conversations with young people over the years, who are wrestling with the coming together of discipleship, ministry and life. “How do I grow in my walk with Jesus, while being in the work force?”, “How can I share my faith with others, without it seeming like an ‘add-on’ in my life?”, “What does living a gospel-centred life look like when I have a family and all the demands that come with that?”
What is theGAP?
The framework for theGAP provides the opportunity for what we term ‘responsive flexibility’ – the ability to respond to the needs we are presented with in intentional and well-informed ways. The year is broken down into 8 modules – 1 for each of the identified Foundational Gospel Values. Within each of the modules we will spend 4-5 weeks looking at how:
- The character of God is expressed in each of these values
- Our understanding of these values are reflected in the 3 main areas of ministry in our lives
- God-Reach = Our relationship with God. The source of all our public and personal ministry.
- In-Reach = Our relationship and ministry to other believers.
- Out-Reach = Our relationship and ministry to the unsaved.
- The practical outworking of these values in our homes, workplaces, church and communities
What’s Involved in the Programme?
- 3 Hours of Face-to-Face group study a week
- 1 Ministry Reflection Journal with guided questions, to be completed and contributed to each week. Your mentor will write back to you, reflecting further on your responses and challenging you in your personal growth and walk with the Lord.
- Plenty of ministry opportunities for you to be involved in and committed to.
- Accommodation – we have a men’s house and women’s house thanks to the help of Hands and Feet Inc, a Christian Charity that we partner with! Learning to live as a Christ-centred Household is all apart of the process. We will have weekly Fellowship Nights during the term where we gather to have dinner, a devotion, debrief and development.
Finances & Programme Cost
There is currently no additional cost to the accommodation costs to be involved in this programme. MCM have a variety of casual positions to help cover accommodation costs.
Accommodation in EHM Houses
$200 per week (Includes Most dinners)
What theGAP is NOT
theGap is not an academic programme. You don’t get graded. You don’t get a report. (But! TheGAP works well alongside various academic programmes that you can study online through different Bible Colleges!)
theGAP is not something you complete. It is something you join into. We do life together – Learning, Working & Serving.
theGAP is not for those who want to have a holiday. Although there is plenty of fun and enjoyment there is also a lot of hard work and commitment.
theGAP is not a ‘programme’ that makes you our slaves! (Yes, people have thought that!) We are one big family, and we believe that everyone in a family should contribute to the life of the family in various ways. You may have to mow lawns, wash windows, make beds up for visiting teams, wash cars and cook big meals but it’s all part of the responsibility of belonging to a family!
If you’ve heard about theGAP and are interested the first step to take is to contact Paul & Erin and arrange either a visit to Moree or a Video Call. This helps them get to know you a bit and have a conversation around your expectations of your involvement in Moree. From there, you can..
- Fill out an Application Form theGAP Application and return it to us as soon as possible so we can get the process started.
- We will email out referee’s forms. Once these have been completed and returned to us we will let you know.
- Interview time with Paul & Erin will be arranged – your parents are more than welcome to be involved in this if you wish.
- Decision will be made. Our decision is final. You may start the application process again for the next year, if you wish.
To find out more information please contact our office for more information. Moree@ephraimhouse.org