Learning to Live Distinctly Different Lives in Light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
A unique ministry mentorship experience in Moree, NSW
Come as you are.
Learn to live, work and serve in a Gospel-Centred Community.
We’ve had many conversations with young people over the years, who are wrestling with the coming together of discipleship, ministry and life. “How do I grow in my walk with Jesus, while being in the work force?”, “How can I share my faith with others, without it seeming like an ‘add-on’ in my life?”, “What does living a gospel-centred life look like when I have a family and all the demands that come with that?”
What is theGAP?
theGAP looks at 3 main areas of ministry in our lives :
God-Reach = Our relationship with God. The source of all our public and personal ministry.
In-Reach = Our relationship and ministry to other believers.
Out-Reach = Our relationship and ministry to the unsaved.
What’s Involved in the Programme?
- 3 Hours of Face-to-Face group study a week
- 1 Ministry Reflection Journal with guided questions, to be completed each week. Your mentor will write back to you, reflecting further on your responses and challenging you in your personal growth and walk with the Lord.
- 2 Saturdays a Term we have a ALL-IN training day for the Ephraim House community. We share with the EHM community what we’ve been learning in our study nights and learn practical ministry skills together.
- Plenty of ministry opportunities for you to be involved in and committed to.
- Accommodation – we have a men’s house and women’s house thanks to the help of Hands and Feet Inc, a Christian Charity that we partner with! Learning to live as a Christ-centred Household is all apart of the process. We will have weekly FireNights where we gather as households worshipping and fellowshipping together.
$50 per week (includes study materials, study bible, fuel and food for trips with theGAP, mentoring costs and ministry costs associated with module facilitators)
Accommodation in EHM Houses
$150 per week
CLICK HERE to read about some of our past and current intern’s experiences.
What theGAP is NOT
theGap is not an academic programme. You don’t get graded. You don’t get a report.
theGAP not something you complete. It is something you join into. We do life together – Learning, Working & Serving.
theGAP is not for those who want to have a holiday. Although there is plenty of fun and enjoyment there is also a lot of hard work and commitment.
theGAP is not a ‘programme’ that makes you our slaves! (Yes, people have thought that!) We are one big family, and we believe that everyone in a family should contribute to the life of the family in various ways. You may have to mow lawns, wash windows, make beds up for visiting teams, wash cars and cook big meals but it’s all part of the responsibility of belonging to a family!
If you’ve heard about theGAP and are interested the first step to take is to contact Paul & Erin and arrange either a visit to Moree or a Video Call. This helps them get to know you a bit and have a conversation around your expectations of your involvement in Moree. From there, you can..
- Fill out an Application Form theGAP Application and return it to us as soon as possible so we can get the process started.
- We will email out referee’s forms. Once these have been completed and returned to us we will let you know.
- Ephraim House Leadership team will be presented with your application and will pray together for you, and compile any further questions they may have.
- Interview time with Paul & Erin will be arranged – your parents are more than welcome to be involved in this if you wish.
- Decision will be made. The leaderships team decision is final. You may start the application process again for the next year, if you wish.
To find out more information please contact our office for more information. Moree@ephraimhouse.org